Show off your work, connect with buyers…all at no charge.
I know this saying gets very antiquated…but isn’t technology great!
CNN is calling Houzz the “Wikipedia of interior and exterior design” because it “houzz” the largest database of home design ideas on the net, with over 150,000 high resolution photos. You and your prospects can browse photos by style, room and geographic location and save them to a virtual idea book — it’s the equivalent of clipping design magazines to a scrapbook — making ideas easier to search, save, and share.
Since all of the images are uploaded by designers, architects, and home remodelers, you are not only provided instant credit but you are also easy to find by visitors who live in your same geographic location. They can even ask you questions and interact.
Prospects can find everything from local designers to architects and contractors who can help them realize their ideas. The best part is, browsing your idea book, they’ll get exactly what you’re trying to do.
- Look for design ideas and get inspired
- Organize the photos they like
- Share their favorite photos with friends
- Interact with local professionals responsible for the inspired idea
- Upload photos of your projects
- Get categorized by room or space category and by originating city of professional
- Answer questions from prospects in your city
In the media, Houzz is quickly getting massive attention:
- “The Flickr of design idea sites” – Washington Post
- “The online equivalent of clipping décor inspiration from magazines” – Real Simple Magazine
- “The digital look-book for interior design ideas” – Wall Street Journal
- “Just click on an image and save it to your own idea book…it’s quite an addictive site” – San Francisco Chronicle
To download the Houzz app, visit the ITunes App Store or simply log onto www.houzz.com.
As I stated earlier, being a marketing technology company gives us excellent exposure to several new trends and innovation and after seeing this site, I immediately thought it should be passed along. So for all of our home service professional customers, enjoy the new Houzz experience. Be sure to let us know if you attract some additional customers!